Monday, August 30, 2021

Talking Shop: Eric's Writing Challenge Update 10

Okay, I think it's been about a week since the last update.

Let's get right into it with the writing challenge. To date, I've written approximately 52,400 words toward the writing challenge end goal of 87,500 words. That puts me right around the 60% mark and well ahead of schedule. I wrote about 5000 words this last week, which works out to about 714 words per day. 

On to Rinn's Run.

Total words completed: approximately 60,750

Total Chapters completed: 31

Percentage complete (theoretical): Around 61%

This last week went a lot smoother than the three weeks before that. I did have one day that I was distracted and didn't really write (which makes my actual word count closer to 830 words per day across six days). I was reviewing the files for an audiobook version of one of my novels. Let me tell you, if you've never had the chance to hear one of your books as an audiobook, it's totally worth the cost. At least, that's how I've found it. 

For anyone who is curious, I found the narrator through the ACX program that Audible runs. It's designed to connect authors with narrators/producers. 

In terms of the actual writing, I'm just sticking with the program and aiming to beat the 500 words per day. Some days I just squeak over the 500 words mark, and some days it's much better. All in all, though, it's working. I'm pretty sure I'm passed the midpoint in Rinn's Run, which is a stumbling block for a lot of writers. So, I'm taking my wins where I find them. 

 _______________________________________________

Eric Dontigney is the author of the highly regarded novel, THE MIDNIGHT GROUND, as well as the Samuel Branch urban fantasy series and the short story collection, Contingency Jones: The Complete Season One. Raised in Western New York, he currently resides near Dayton, OH. You can find him haunting obscure sections of libraries, in Chinese restaurants or occasionally online at ericdontigney.com.

0 comments: