Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Another day, another query

 

Waiting for me in this morning’s inbox…

Oh, never mind the details of it, it’s always roughly the same. Increasingly, my reply is becoming rote and reflexive as well.

“Dear [name redacted],

“Thank you for your kind words recognizing my contribution to popular culture and asking me to contribute [something that will take me some significant amount of time to do] to [your thing]. I appreciate your generous offer to reward me for my contribution to [your thing] with further recognition of my contribution to popular culture.

“Unfortunately, given that Chase Mortgage does not accept ‘recognition’ but instead insists that I make my house payments using ‘money,’ I’m afraid I must decline your offer.

“Sincerely,
Bruce Bethke”

_______________



2 comments:

GuyStewart said...

That, old friend, is snark in its PUREST form. You have reached the point of the refined critic; joining the ranks of the Two Old Men (Statler and Waldorf) on the original MUPPET SHOW.

Congratulations.

Guy

Álex Souza said...

Reminded me of a Harlan Ellison interview.