Tuesday, April 5, 2022

“Disgruntled” • by Lorraine Schein



I told the wizard that I was unhappy with the defective dragon he had turned me into.

“I guess I shouldn’t have used that second-hand wand I bought cheap on EnchanterBay,” he said.

“Where did you get my wings? From a pigeon? When I try to fly over the city and terrify people, I only stay up a few minutes!”

The wizard sighed. “I do have a 90-day transformation exchange policy.” Before I could agree, he waved the same damned wand.

So now I’m a dragon with a jet-pack and GPS.

And that’s how I became the CEO of DragonLyft.

_______________


Lorraine Schein
is a New York writer. Her work has appeared in VICE Terraform, Strange Horizons, Enchanted Conversation, Mermaids Monthly, and in the anthology Tragedy Queens: Stories Inspired by Lana del Rey & Sylvia Plath. The Futurist’s Mistress, her poetry book, is available from Mayapple Press: www.mayapplepress.com 

Her most recent appearance in our virtual pages was “Me Time”.




1 comments:

Made in DNA said...

When life hands you a second-rate wizard, go corporate!